My friends and i just went through the harrowing experience of fighting a brutal fire in a trailer park after an elderly fellow tried to light a propane appliance the wrong way. The explosion blew him across the room and it was only by the quick thinking of others that both he and his wife were pulled out of the place before it went completely up in flames. Pics and full story on my blog at www.loosemoorings.org The story was on both the evening news and in the local paper.
Hey Gang, I've been spending quite a bit of time taking the old varnish off of my boom and interior cabin. Being based in Alaska, we have big temp swings (-10 to 75 F), and I'm debating just teaking all the wood and holding back on varnishing it. The thought would be that I would just have to apply more teak oil to it every time I went out, but I wouldn't have to deal with the varnish peeling so bad again like it's doing now. Maybe this is just part of the regular upkeep on any boat…See More