My friends and i just went through the harrowing experience of fighting a brutal fire in a trailer park after an elderly fellow tried to light a propane appliance the wrong way. The explosion blew him across the room and it was only by the quick thinking of others that both he and his wife were pulled out of the place before it went completely up in flames. Pics and full story on my blog at www.loosemoorings.org The story was on both the evening news and in the local paper.
A reminder how dangerous propane is and how quickly everything can be consumed by a propane fire. This was an aluminum and steel trailer; fiberglass would burn even faster. Propane is a wonderful source of energy, but when things go wrong it can be deadly. After experiencing that we are going to be much more careful with propane on our boat.