Spent all Sunday afternoon cleaning water out of the bilge, repairing a broken wire (poor crimp by Benny factory boys) to the bilge pump then cleaning everything up. Decided it was time to rebed the shower sump so went to work on that. You're right it was poorly sealed and I could see evidence of water once I lifted the sump out. Thought I was in good shape until I turned on the Dehumidifier right before heading home. Seems the latest source of bilge water is coming from the heat exchanger coil on the cabin AC compressor. Shut down the units, closed the seacock and went home as it was 9PM. Heading back tomorrow to try and find the source of the leak. As I've said I love the boat but she sure needs a lot of TLC to keep her going. I'll let you know what I find.
Glad you like the pics. You looked good sitting there.
Yes you're right the electric pump can't get the hose emptied so the joker valve becomes critical. We've been using vinegar in the aft toilet but it was time for a new valve. My dealer's service mgr said people are using, with some success, silicone dialectric grease on them. I applied some to the new valve so time will tell if it helps. I also plan on continuing to use vinegar a couple of times a month. As I mentioned before I plan on converting both toilets to fresh water flush which will help reduce odors. We'll do a good flush prior to leaving the boat for the week so any backfill should be realtively clean fresh water and not stink up the head compartment.
I'm almost afraid to mention it but all of our gauges seem to be accurate. Some times the water tanks will misread but for the most part they work fine. I make a habit of estimating how much fuel we'll take based on the guage then compare it to the actual gals taken on. Again so far it seems to be OK.
We too have had a few problems but just love the boat. She's gorgeous above and below decks and we receive a lot of compliments on her. Not to mention how well she sails and the speeds we see.
Forgot to answer your starting questions. No we have not and she starts better than our cars do. As for the chain I'm picking it up this Friday on the way down to the boat. Hopefully I'll get it spliced on this weekend. I have some plumbing work to do if the parts make it here by then. The bowl seal on one of the toilets leaks. We stopped using it and have the O Ring coming. We're also going to convert the toilets to fresh water flush. BTW read my note on the fuse Beneteau places on the house battery positive post.
I recently changed the wear plate on the raw water pump on the Yanmar. I have about 1675 hours on the engine and the plate showed significant scaring and wear. It was an easy change-out. After removing the impeller the plate simply sits behind it and is easily removed with a dental pick/ bearing pick/ or toothpick. I also added the Speedseal Life cover. Nice device.The wear plate made a difference. Upon startup after an impeller change before changing the wear plate out, I would sometimes need…See More
"Larry, that's two of us that wishes you had posted your fix sooner. I just paid over $300 for a new tach, and that was at wholesale cost. I sent a note to James Taylor telling him about your LCD screen fix. Hopefully it works for him as…"
"Should have posted my fix earlier. I had the same problem with the tach on my 323 before I bought the 43. I was able to get the hour meter to work on the 323 by following the processes out on the web about cleaning the silicon & the ribbon…"
I read the referred to fixes in the other forums and it was strange what people said. For me it looks like a bad contact in the connector as you say. I wrote my experience above (2015) and I must say that came to the previous state that…"
"Hi to everyone, before doing anything that can ruin your tachometer, please try this first that worked for me after having tried everything read on the internet about this problem. I had the same problem with my tachometer/hour meter (yanmar) and…"