SeaKnots

How did you name your boat? I am always curious about how people name their boat and if there is a story behind it. After seeing all of the names on this site, I am looking forward to hearing the stories...So, If you have a boat how did you come up with the name?

Views: 1230

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great Name!
Absolutely! I am so excited for you guys! By the way - She sails BEAUTIFULLY! We got caught in some very strong gusts on Sunday and she sailed like a dream...
We named our Pearson Veranda. Who doesn't like to sit out on the Veranda and watch the sun go down?

Bill
You said it best! Thanks for sharing
There is a Napa Valley, CA winery named Far Niente . They produce some wonderful wines. I asked them what Far Niente meant and they said its Italian for for "doing nothing". I thought it would be a great name for my boat. Turns out that the joke is on me. When is ever nothing to do on a boat?? ;-)
Exactly! Thanks for sharing. Now, I bet there's a story to your user name too...?
I wanted to name my boat something different and understandable over the radio. Looked at why I felt so comfortable on boats and came up with "Trost", German for comfort.

It also was the name of a cat I know!

Cheers, Mike
~~_/)~~
we named it for the method of acquisition: press "Submit" on Ebay! Besides, as a person who loves puns, "Submit" can heve many meanings
Reggie
No kidding! You bought your boat on ebay? That's wonderful! Clever name-
Hi folks, I don't have an Oday, nor have i read if these names have been mentioned. I thought of these for an Oday boat.:
OH HAPPY DAY, and....DADDA BE THE DAY Or would you spell that DADA?
Naming a boat is always fun and takes some time, well at least for my crew.
My first boat, which was purchased on eBay, was a Com-Pac 16 that I brought up from Maryland. Now for the name, my family loves Florida so much that we went with 'Floridaze', a slight change in the spelling from the Buffet song.

Well we loved sailing so we sold that and moved up to a Com-Pac 19 purchased locally. Having a fondness for Kenny Chesney, my wife choose 'Gypsy Soul' from his song You Save Me.

Still fighting off threefootitis, we sold off that vessel and purchased a Seaward 22. Hoping this boat would be the needed cure for a few years we named her 'Panacea'. Now that's seven letters and one triples, that's got to be lucky!

With all three boats we did a simple renaming ceremony. Announced the new moniker, drank a toast and then threw the remaining libation against her hull. For any extra good luck I also keep a Bermudian fifty cent piece under the mast.

"Quo Fata Ferunt !"

-Kevin
Fantastic! Best of luck on Panacea!

RSS

Latest Activity

dfdfjdf posted a discussion
Sunday
Dec 1
dfdfjdf posted discussions
Nov 29