SeaKnots

What are your best?

Views: 35

Replies to This Discussion

Overboard by Hank Searls

The Long Gray Line by Rick Atkinson
Birds of Prey by Wilbur Smith

Riddle of the Sands by Erskine Childers
Just read The Ripple Effect by Paul Garrison. LOVED IT!!
I like the books by SeaKnots member Christine Kling.
Thanks for the kind comment Richard. I appreciate it.

My all time favorite sailing writer is Sam Llewellyn. Most of his sailing thrillers are out of print now in the US, but you can still find them used or in your library. The titles are:

Dead Reckoning
Blood Orange
Death Roll
Deadeye
Blood Knot
Riptide
Clawhammer
Maelstrom

Nobody writes better sailing scenes than this guy. I really wish he hadn't given up on writing them. His website is http://www.samllewellyn.com/thrillers.html

And Franc, I agree with you about Ripple Effect. After I read it I got to meet "Paul Garrison" in New York. He is also the same writer who wrote the book Ship Killer under the name Justin Scott. Fun book. Under the Garrison name he has written:

Fire And Ice (1998)
Red Sky At Morning (2000)
Buried At Sea (2002)
Sea Hunter (2003)
The Ripple Effect (2004).

I read Red Sky At Morning a couple of months ago because it also deals with submarines and my Work In Progress has a sub in it. I love his stuff.

Fair winds,
Christine
dont forget seawolf--jack london...lol

RSS

Latest Activity

Robert & Sandy replied to sam's discussion eyebrow salon window re-bed in the group Beneteau 40 & 43
"Hello all, I realise coming into this year old conversation could be somewhat strange though sharing advice is always beneficial.. Our B43 had her port large saloon window repaired under warranty after it developed a gap and obvious leak. The boat…"
Mar 12
dryfirewood is now a member of SeaKnots
Mar 4
zeehag left a comment for ___/)ances With Sails
"bubba died  but he seems tohave sent a nother special boy to me..a scared  confuzed precious  with name pusskins which i changed  to sir puurrcival pusskins.  much more refined name for such a precious furry one.  he is…"
Mar 3
___/)ances With Sails commented on LOLA's group SAILBOATS and SLIPS FOR SALE
"My boats for sale. Search Craigslist/New Orleans/S211_A"
Feb 22
___/)ances With Sails left a comment for Lola
"Happy belated holidays!  I'll email you. "
Feb 22
___/)ances With Sails left a comment for zeehag
"Karen!! Dang!!!!  How did Bubba use up 9 lives already? Sorry to read that, kid."
Feb 22
olivia scott updated their profile
Feb 11
olivia scott is now a member of SeaKnots
Feb 9
ADVERTISE ON SEAKNOTS CONTACT US AT: 
candrac@sailforwater.com

© 2024   Created by CAN DRAC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service