I have just finished changing all my lighting over to LED's, it was definitely a trial and error effort but here are the advantages:
1. my Amp hours has been reduced (with all lights, cabin heads, galley nav, anchor light etc on) from 44 amp hours to 6
2. my average amp hours has been reduced from 18 to 2,5, (this would be at anchor with the salon lights on)
3. my anchor light uses 1.2 amp hours versus 8
4. my solar panel (a 75 watt 3,5 amp) takes will trickle charge my battery to a higher level.
5. I now need to run my generator less.
6. My lights will last 50,000 hours (20 years) without changing a light bulb.
7. Because I made all my own lights using my existing housings the cost per light came out the same as buying a new bulb.
8. By using combination LED strips (soft white and warm white in the same fixture) I was able to balance out the glare and soften the intensity.
9. On my Nav lights there is a greater depth to the colours.
1. Can't think of any right now
any comments would be welcome
© 2023 Created by CAN DRAC. Powered by
You need to be a member of SeaKnots to add comments!