SeaKnots

What is you favorite boat under 35 that you would be comfortable sailing for an extended period of time?

A year ago I would have had to say 36ft or under but I’ve down sized. Traded in the Columbia with the party sized cockpit for a S-2 9.2 that can comfortably sail with 2 vice 12.

Cheers, Mike
~~_/)~~

Views: 17

Replies to This Discussion

My Vagagbond 14 is all I know as well as I do.
Having had felt her forward and aft, stared religously up the 20' mast. Though scabed-knees bleed when coming ashore, Id take her back out for the thrashing once more. Then while nursing her through the lulls of a worriless morning, I daydream as if I lived on a secluded mooring. As the breeze increases we ready for speed -telltails no doubt steadily concede. Trimming and timming we lift for the grace, an absolute moment like floating in space. While steady we are no room to sprawl, a might comes fortfh nonetheless a squall. Dumpin and haulin we trim for more -Gotta get atop that summit once more. Altitude is my throne where harmonious and true, you sing in tenor a melodical tune....

Getting my fill on the docile PERKINS HILL,
___/)
A Wharram Tangaroa MKIV. This was my favorite of the three boats under 35' I have personally cruised and lived on for extended periods of time. The other two were a Wharram Tiki 30 (with 4 people aboard) and a 1966 Cal 30 which was great boat. I have been on and sailed many other great liveaboard and cruising boats under 35', including Island Packets, Crealocks, and many Westsail 32's, but I am partial to catamarans. You just can't beat the tons of deck space, and flat sailing/anchoring of a cat.

Shane
BudgetBoater.com
I could be sold on the deck space and flat sailing/anchoring. Those attributes only coincide with that of a huge mono (more$) I feel. Ye got me thinkin more about a gem I was ready to cast aside.

__/)
Having lived on Different Drummer for 16 years, I'd have to say a Gemini catamaran, preferably a 3200. Small enough to handle alone and larger enough to carry all the 'stuff' and be comfortable.

RSS

Latest Activity

Meserii updated their profile
yesterday
___/)ances With Sails commented on LOLA's group SAILBOATS and SLIPS FOR SALE
"My boats for sale. Search Craigslist/New Orleans/S211_A"
Feb 22
___/)ances With Sails left a comment for Lola
"Happy belated holidays!  I'll email you. "
Feb 22
___/)ances With Sails left a comment for zeehag
"Karen!! Dang!!!!  How did Bubba use up 9 lives already? Sorry to read that, kid."
Feb 22
olivia scott updated their profile
Feb 11
olivia scott is now a member of SeaKnots
Feb 9
Brad Wakeman is now a member of SeaKnots
Feb 6
zeehag updated their profile
Feb 5
ADVERTISE ON SEAKNOTS CONTACT US AT: 
candrac@sailforwater.com

© 2024   Created by CAN DRAC.   Powered by