Anyone removed the shower tap on their boat? It seems like I did not do a good job winterizing the thing... Now I gotta change it.
When I activate the water pump, it leaks big time...
Any tips appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
I'm about to try to replace the fwd shower tap on my OC43. Were you successful with your unplanned project? If so, I wouldn't mind hearing a few lessons learned.
I have solved the issue. For those interested, let me explain the issue and how it was resolved.
Background: I have a 2009 Ben OC 43.
- Forward Head shower
- Shower hose (made of rubber w/ re-inforced woven material) kinked at connection to shower-head
- The on/off switch on the shower-head wand does not stay in the on position do to wear of switch.
Beneteau has issued a replacement part (refer to attached image from Beneteau Parts), which illustrates the replacement hose (now stainless steel flex hose). It's unclear if the shower head/wand is a new design, but I'll let you know when i receive the replacement assembly.
- As usual, access is an issue to remove and replace
- Access is provided via an access port
- The facet is held in place, from below, by a u-shaped locking plate
- To remove the locking nut, you must undo the shower hose (painful), then undo a retaining bolt for the u-shape locking plate. Once the bolt is removed, the faucet lifts up, and you then have easy access to the hot/cold water lines.
- Replace value, reconnect hot/cold lines
- Attach u-shaped locking plate (this is a new part also), and re-attach new shower hose
- Reconnect shower head
Hope this helps, anyone dealing with the same issue.