SeaKnots

My Boat arrived today on the truck to the customs.

SY Antares

The first look inside, i discovred the first problems ...

How was your boat when it arrived ?

Views: 1515

Replies to This Discussion

You mentioned: The winlass one can trip if you go up and then down or vs to quickly

Yes that could have happend ... but sometimes the conditions need this.

My service man have checked every thing. Now we change the plug and he suested to change also the cables because he told me that those are dimendsioned for an fan but not for a really working Bowtruster ...
I remember in the manual of the Maxpower saying you should wait a second between shifting sides of thrust.

The diameter of wires are determined by max amperage and length from the batteries. these are very close to the bowthruster since they are under the front bed.

If the wires are to small they can melt or start a fire ! The fuse should melt first ?
Yes, the fuse melt ...
But anyway, we change the fuse and the diameter of the cables, to be sure
Hello,

I hope your problems are now fixed.

I would like to have a Paguro generator like yours. Was yours factory installed or locally by the yard ?

Could you send me some pictures of your Paguro installation.?

Do you think it could be installed lower than the shelf in the lazarette ? Have they found a way that the cooling circuit is always ready for use even after a few days of not being used ?
Thanks for this information. If I can be some help on other subjects I would be delighted to do that for you.

Denis Foster
s/y HIBERNIA
In my next boat I will mount an Paguro 4000 Marine Generator or even higher.
The manifacter of Paruro is not far away from my Homeport near Trieste.
You can not have a Paguro installed from Beneteau. If, then your dealer has to do the installation. I got mine trough friends for1200 euro ;-) as an exposition model

For the moment I have no special pictures, but I'll be in the marina in 7 weeks.

Our service partner will install an aditional pump because it is mounted on the actual position but if I had to so it again, I would take the shelf and install this one 30 cm deeper that the orginal position. By doing this, I would also pay attention that the shelf is so well fixed that the vibritions become even less. In my position, the generator is *calm* but you can more feel than heaing it
Hello,

Thank you for the reply I will wait for the pictures.

Here is the mail from a well known Paguro instalator :

Dear Mr Foster

Generators are routinely fitted in positions which range from well below the waterline to well above – it is not an issue – each may require some options for the specific situation. The lazarette location is very normal and would warrant a siphon-break as a precaution against flooding the generator as it is low to the waterline.

The distance from the mass/combi is not important as the 230V output of a generator normally has to go to a changeover switch in the saloon and from there the power goes to the mass/combi in the same way as the shore power does, unless you have an automatic changeover switch in the mass combi. Yet again it does not matter as the wire is not heavy duty and length is not an issue.

We feel that either area to the port or stb’d side would be ok (if you have removed the gas bottle stowage).

The seacock often goes into the hull area near the engine, ie sometimes next to the engine intake (unless you have a saildrive). We cut a slightly larger circular hole out of the inner hull moulding and then cut the correct size hole all the way through. If you have a prop shaft boat, you may be able to see that this is how the engine intake unit is fitted.

The exhaust goes out above the waterline which is single skin. The gas/water separator drain (if you take this option) is cut into the hull but down in the back (lazarette area) which is usually single skin again – but if not, we just do the same as for the intake.

Will you be bringing the boat back to the UK for an installation service or will you be looking to install out there? We can supply comprehensive kits for installations.

Best regards

Rod

023 8033 7722
www.advanceyacht.co.uk

Please visit us at SOUTHAMPTON BOAT SHOW in OCEAN HALL, STAND G044, 11 - 20 SEPTEMBER

Hope this can help you.

Can you tell me why you would favor the Paguro 4000 or higher ?

Thanks have a good sailing.

Denis
-----***** Generators are routinely fitted in positions which range from well below the waterline to well above – it is not an issue – each may require some options for the specific situation. The lazarette location is very normal and would warrant a siphon-break as a precaution against flooding the generator as it is low to the waterline.******

That may be right, but the Waterpump of the Paguro is not strong enouth at the start to create a real siphon. That means that you have to fill in water in the waterfilter before you start it. By this methode, your Paguro works fine ( thats the way we run the generator this summer) but if you have to start your Generator in havy times .... Autch!!! ( belive me :-( ) especially when they mount your waterfilter behind the Generator (sounds stupid but belive me, thats theyre favorite place ...).

In the first weeck of November, they want to try to install an aditional pump to avoid that I have to fill water in the waterfilter each time.
No idea if this is going to solve the problem .... I am curious to :-)

I would take a higher Generator because:

one AC = 80percent of load
if you also start the second AC, 100 percent of load ( not overload! )
Running an Generator at 100 percent is like driving a car at full speed for hours :-( means killing it.

Expresso-machine + Microwave = 90 percent of load
Expresso-machine or Microwave + Batterie loader ( without the boiler ) = OK
with boiler = overload

and so on ...

Thats why I would chose next time a version higher than the 3000

An other thing you have to think about is how you manage the wiring.

If you have AC, than you have 2 seperate 220v entries and you need two ProSwitch AC32A mounted in cascade.

feel free to ask me ... ( even if my english is really bad because I did not use it for a long time )
what you think about this?
ALL setup's where right !

Yes it looks good. I like the lines for the wind, tide and direction. Some times I like to change it so I can read more information. I like that you were going fast, 7.5 kts!
Mike ;-)

and what do you thing about the difference Plotter / Radar ?

Running @ 7.5 was/is nothing annormal when the Wind is about 18 to 25 knots. At all we made 864 miles in 4 weecks :-)

7kots

I like being able to see the radar on the same screen as the chartplotter. I think it will help identify what is in front of you.

Yes you're right about 7.5 kts with 18- 25 kts wind. We were hitting 10kts in the same wind. We usually have 10 kts of wind so 7.5 would be good for that.

It's nice that you can take 4 weeks to make a trip. Here in the US it's difficult to take 4 weeks together.
How you explain that there is such a big differnce ? If there where no Radar, I would have missed the Island

We are both Teachers, so that we have every 5-6 weeks a week ( or more) free. In the summertime 2 mounths ... One was lost this year by Beneteau trying to repare the boat :-(
Next year we will go further :-)

RSS

Latest Activity

Matebiz Ltd is now a member of SeaKnots
Friday
Profile IconBarry Weiss and Cathy Williams joined SeaKnots
Apr 29
Patrick Findaro posted a discussion

How to Make an Free Email Account?

No matter which provider you choose, creating a free email is a simple process. But, it’s still important to know best practices so you can have one that fits your needs the best. The purpose of an email is to provide a space for you to have easy, secure communications. Select an email provider based on your needs as a user. Think about which features, such as top-tier security, email scheduling capabilities, or integrations,…See More
Apr 16
Patrick Findaro posted a discussion

Leading ASP.NET Development Company

ASP.NET is a popular web development framework that is widely used by developers and businesses to build robust and scalable web applications. ASP.NET supports a wide range of programming languages, including C# and Visual Basic, which makes it a versatile choice for developers who are familiar with these languages. ASP.NET is designed to be scalable, which means it can handle large amounts of traffic and data. This can be a good choice for businesses that anticipate rapid growth in their user…See More
Mar 29
Patrick Findaro is now a member of SeaKnots
Mar 29
Robert & Sandy replied to sam's discussion eyebrow salon window re-bed in the group Beneteau 40 & 43
"Hello all, I realise coming into this year old conversation could be somewhat strange though sharing advice is always beneficial.. Our B43 had her port large saloon window repaired under warranty after it developed a gap and obvious leak. The boat…"
Mar 12
dryfirewood is now a member of SeaKnots
Mar 4
zeehag left a comment for ___/)ances With Sails
"bubba died  but he seems tohave sent a nother special boy to me..a scared  confuzed precious  with name pusskins which i changed  to sir puurrcival pusskins.  much more refined name for such a precious furry one.  he is…"
Mar 3
ADVERTISE ON SEAKNOTS CONTACT US AT: 
candrac@sailforwater.com

© 2024   Created by CAN DRAC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service