SeaKnots

Transient slips and boat storage in the keys this winter.

We are interested in trailering our Bayfield 25 to the Lower Keys (prefrebly Key West) this winter and I am looking for some affordable transient slips, possibly by the week, and dry storage options.

Our boat draws only 3' so we can launch and retreive it at any decent boat launch (and save lifting fees) and I would like to park her somewhere near a launch where we can leave the mast up for the winter.

Anybody have any options, Ideas or thoughts????

Views: 70

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Brian,
You asked the million dollar question.
I am also looking to trailer my trimaran to Florida for the months of Jan and Feb.
Best option I've found so far is Boot Key Harbour, but no storage.
$250 month with pumpout included and 1 vehicle parking.
Bathhouse and dingy dock.
But from what I've read, it fills fast in winter.
Otherwise some state parks have slips, but expensive by my standards.
Marinas I've looked at are running $1800 month (ouch).
Panhandle is cheaper.
Good luck and if you find anything, let me know.
And if I come onto a good deal, I'll let you know.
Hi Brian, I know I'm answering a few months late, but if you're still looking for input about Key West storage, I'm happy to offer you a few ideas. I'm lucky to have a Bayfield also and am a bit partial to these beautiful boats, so I couldn't help but stick my nose (bowsprit) into this discussion! Key West has a mooring field for a monthly fee (280. I believe), but that's wet storage if you're into that. I just got into Key West and plan to hang around for the winter too. I did notice that the City downtown waterfront looks realy empty, lots of slips, but they're overpriced as usual. I think the mooring field offers weekly rents as well and it's rough as heck in the winter. It's much better shelter where I anchor for the season, but you have to have good ground tackle anywhere around this place as the bottom's soft. If you're thinking of anchoring out, I can help you there for the season.
Rebecca, s/vAngel
Hi Rebecca,
I am heading down to the keys tomorrow with my boat and we may want to anchor out at key west for a night or two during the week next week (like Feb 3-4). Do you know of a good place that is protected and has good access to Key West?

Thanks,
Brian
"Sparrow"
In case anyone is following this discussion any more here is what I plan on doing.

A buddy and I will trailer my boat to the Keys the first week in Feb and stay at Bahia Honda State Park for about $50 per night ($2 per foot). We will sail from there and hopefully explore the Keys and anchor out much of the time.

At the end of the week we will pull the boat out and dry dock her at a storage place called Big Pine Storage on Big Pine Key for $1.75/ft/month ($60/month). I'm not sure if I can leave the mast stepped to get there or not but I guess I'll just play that by ear.

Then the first week in april my wife, daughter and I will go down and do some sailing out of Bahia Honda again (mostly daysail and shopping in Key West I'm sure) and tow the boat back to Minnesota at the end of the week.

It seems like it will all work and the price of it all is pretty reasonable compared to everything else I have found.

RSS

Latest Activity

Patrick Findaro posted a discussion

How to Make an Free Email Account?

No matter which provider you choose, creating a free email is a simple process. But, it’s still important to know best practices so you can have one that fits your needs the best. The purpose of an email is to provide a space for you to have easy, secure communications. Select an email provider based on your needs as a user. Think about which features, such as top-tier security, email scheduling capabilities, or integrations,…See More
Tuesday
Patrick Findaro posted a discussion

Leading ASP.NET Development Company

ASP.NET is a popular web development framework that is widely used by developers and businesses to build robust and scalable web applications. ASP.NET supports a wide range of programming languages, including C# and Visual Basic, which makes it a versatile choice for developers who are familiar with these languages. ASP.NET is designed to be scalable, which means it can handle large amounts of traffic and data. This can be a good choice for businesses that anticipate rapid growth in their user…See More
Mar 29
Patrick Findaro is now a member of SeaKnots
Mar 29
Robert & Sandy replied to sam's discussion eyebrow salon window re-bed in the group Beneteau 40 & 43
"Hello all, I realise coming into this year old conversation could be somewhat strange though sharing advice is always beneficial.. Our B43 had her port large saloon window repaired under warranty after it developed a gap and obvious leak. The boat…"
Mar 12
dryfirewood is now a member of SeaKnots
Mar 4
zeehag left a comment for ___/)ances With Sails
"bubba died  but he seems tohave sent a nother special boy to me..a scared  confuzed precious  with name pusskins which i changed  to sir puurrcival pusskins.  much more refined name for such a precious furry one.  he is…"
Mar 3
___/)ances With Sails commented on LOLA's group SAILBOATS and SLIPS FOR SALE
"My boats for sale. Search Craigslist/New Orleans/S211_A"
Feb 22
___/)ances With Sails left a comment for Lola
"Happy belated holidays!  I'll email you. "
Feb 22
ADVERTISE ON SEAKNOTS CONTACT US AT: 
candrac@sailforwater.com

© 2024   Created by CAN DRAC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service