SeaKnots

Did I see this on this site or the other boat site I am on? Has anyone tried this?????????

Views: 32

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album587&op=mo...

this is the site to paste in...sorry the pictures are smallyou can click them to make bigger...Fun
Looks like a way to do it but I wonder how you could ever get the boat to heel over that much? I do not see any sails up in the photos so it cannot be wind doing it. None of the 3 sailboats I have owned would heel like that unless you pulled them over with a line to the top of the mast. Even under sail I can barly get the toerail in the water and that is only when I have too much sail up for the weather conditions.

I looked again at the photos and I see that they must have bags of water tied to the mast top.

Mac
Mac,

I don't think bags of water tied to the mast top will do it, you need to put one or more persons out on the boom. I have done this to get off a shoal.

Bill
Keylimejay, a member of this site took those pictures in Vero Beach last Thanksgiving morning. The guy made his way down the entire east coast heeling his boat under every bridge with 2 huge yellow bags filled with water hanging from his mast.

It was a trip to see.

Veranda
Thanks, I couldn't remember where I had seen it,,Lola
Those pictures are priceless! This one is my favorite.

Yes, I took those last Thanksgiving. Surprisingly, I was later contacted by YachtWorld magazine and they paid me to allow them to use the pics in their magazine. Wow!! Never even thought about being published. Pretty cool.
So it was not your boat?...They are fantastic photos. How did it come about that they contacted you?
I, being fasinated by what this fellow had done, posted the photos on several websites. YachtWorld sent me an email at the Jeanneau website asking to publish them (and paying me). We communicated via email and I forwarded them (email) the pics and they sent me a check! Another magazine from Germany also tracked me down, same deal, but no money arrived. I lost their contact info due to a computer crash and don't know if they used them.
Oh Bummer
Hi Lola,

I,m Viki's friend Bill Link and Yes I have heard of tipping your boat to go under a bridge but it depends on the height of your mast as to how many feet you can save. Also, it would take a lot of weight to do the job, you would put your boom out with one or more persons on the boom.

Viki and I may be headed your way soon, it would be nice to meet you and help you out.

Bill
I would like that Bill...I have 2 leaky windows being fixed tomorrow.

RSS

Latest Activity

Robert & Sandy replied to sam's discussion eyebrow salon window re-bed in the group Beneteau 40 & 43
"Hello all, I realise coming into this year old conversation could be somewhat strange though sharing advice is always beneficial.. Our B43 had her port large saloon window repaired under warranty after it developed a gap and obvious leak. The boat…"
Mar 12
dryfirewood is now a member of SeaKnots
Mar 4
zeehag left a comment for ___/)ances With Sails
"bubba died  but he seems tohave sent a nother special boy to me..a scared  confuzed precious  with name pusskins which i changed  to sir puurrcival pusskins.  much more refined name for such a precious furry one.  he is…"
Mar 3
___/)ances With Sails commented on LOLA's group SAILBOATS and SLIPS FOR SALE
"My boats for sale. Search Craigslist/New Orleans/S211_A"
Feb 22
___/)ances With Sails left a comment for Lola
"Happy belated holidays!  I'll email you. "
Feb 22
___/)ances With Sails left a comment for zeehag
"Karen!! Dang!!!!  How did Bubba use up 9 lives already? Sorry to read that, kid."
Feb 22
olivia scott updated their profile
Feb 11
olivia scott is now a member of SeaKnots
Feb 9
ADVERTISE ON SEAKNOTS CONTACT US AT: 
candrac@sailforwater.com

© 2024   Created by CAN DRAC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service