SeaKnots

My wife and I are active sailors, skiers, kayakers, cottagers etc. One of our principles is that if everyone shares a little bit you can go where you cannot go alone. We are intereseted in sharing our Mirage 33 sailboat and beautiful Canadian cruising grounds (Thousand Islands, Lake Ontario and the North Channel of Georgian Bay in Lake Huron) with a sourthern sailor on a winter summer swap basis. We could introduce yoou to our boat via short cruise and then leave you to it and you could reciprocate.

Is anyone interested or can give me some direction in this regard

Views: 53

Replies to This Discussion

this sounds interesting ... I'd like to talk with you a bit more about the possibilities of this, if you're interested. I have a Pacific Seacraft Orion 27' in Kemah, Tx on Galveston Bay. I don't get much vacation time, but wouldn't mind looking into possible trips for each.

Also, there's a Florida boat swap I found on line once ... I'll see if I can locate again. You might like that.

Ladye
Ladye
Margaret and I are very pleased to get your response. Please excuse the delay in answering as we were away on an inexpensive 12 day Carrebean Cruise to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary and just got home last evening. I will write you again very soon -- i am trying to get our life going again here and get a gift for Margaret's birthday which is today -- and accordingly do not have the time to give you a good response.
Rodger
Hope that this thread doesn't die and go away. I've often thought about this idea, but didn't know exactly where to go to glean information. I have lots of questions and some few ideas that I need to sit down and organize. Primarily now though, just want to keep the thread alive.
Larry,
I also hope that this doesn't die. We are experienced sailors, Florida, Bahamas, Caribbean, that have now sold our boat down south and retired to a beautiful shoreline home and cottage in the Bay of Quinte area of Ont. Can't afford two boats any more but miss the warm water in winter so would love to talk to someone about trading time here, home, cottage, and/or 26 ft. Grampian for time in winter in Florida or somewhere warm. Keep it going.
I will pass your interest on to friends here in Central Texas area, on Lake Travis and Canyon Lake. I know some who are in the position to consider such.
I like this thread. Right now we sail in pretty well the same area that Rodger does (bit further east in Long Sault at the Stormont Yacht Club near is near Cornwall, Ontario). We've been looking for chartering a sailboat, but the prices are just beyond our reach for just ourselves, and friends of ours can't afford to chip in. We're presently looking at purchasing a bigger boat (we have a Catalina 25) with the hopes of eventually doing the southern trek in the fall and staying in the warmer waters during the winter months, except there's the big issue of health insurance that scares the heck out of me (and being away from home for 4-6 months). So, doing something like this, sharing our boat with another experienced sailor that can reciprocate would be a wonderful thing.

We're actually heading down to FL Mar 8 - 17 - to hopefully check out some boats that are for sail there. Bit dubious about boats that have been in sea salt, but we've up for the challenge of fixing a boat up if need be (as long as it's not too big a project).

BTW, is a preference that we sailors have some CPS (Canadian Power Squandron) courses. Just finished up Advanced Sailing (tides will be interesting, but we love a challenge). Always take the next advanced course every winter, to make us better sailors for the following season. Helps out with boat insurance too being members of CPS.

RSS

Latest Activity

Robert & Sandy replied to sam's discussion eyebrow salon window re-bed in the group Beneteau 40 & 43
"Hello all, I realise coming into this year old conversation could be somewhat strange though sharing advice is always beneficial.. Our B43 had her port large saloon window repaired under warranty after it developed a gap and obvious leak. The boat…"
Mar 12
dryfirewood is now a member of SeaKnots
Mar 4
zeehag left a comment for ___/)ances With Sails
"bubba died  but he seems tohave sent a nother special boy to me..a scared  confuzed precious  with name pusskins which i changed  to sir puurrcival pusskins.  much more refined name for such a precious furry one.  he is…"
Mar 3
___/)ances With Sails commented on LOLA's group SAILBOATS and SLIPS FOR SALE
"My boats for sale. Search Craigslist/New Orleans/S211_A"
Feb 22
___/)ances With Sails left a comment for Lola
"Happy belated holidays!  I'll email you. "
Feb 22
___/)ances With Sails left a comment for zeehag
"Karen!! Dang!!!!  How did Bubba use up 9 lives already? Sorry to read that, kid."
Feb 22
olivia scott updated their profile
Feb 11
olivia scott is now a member of SeaKnots
Feb 9
ADVERTISE ON SEAKNOTS CONTACT US AT: 
candrac@sailforwater.com

© 2024   Created by CAN DRAC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service