SeaKnots

Wow! Just stumbled into this:

Wednesday October 8, 2008- 11:06 pm PDT
That's it. It's over. The ninjas killed Chuck Norris. Not my steering hub. It's still alive and kickin', with its exquisite engineering, but the vane itself. It's dead. The rudder's post actually snapped in two. It's like 1.5-inch aluminum piping. It actually snapped right off. This is one of the worst nights of my life. Oh well, now the decision has been made for me. I have to hand-steer to Hawaii. I am hove to right now, going to try and get some sleep, and start sailing in the morning, or later on tonight. This sucks. I'm so over this. I don't even want to sail anymore. I'm not going to turn around or anything, but i'm so over this, it's not even funny. At this point, I am beginning to fear for my own safety. I had no clue what I was getting myself into, setting off alone from California to Hawaii. I thought it was going to be an easy, pleasant run in a steady 15 knots of breeze. Look up "sailing to hawaii" on youtube. I haven't had any of that stuff. I am very, very concerned right now. Things keep on going from worse to worse to worse. Very frustrated right now. Do not know what to do.

I found it on http://www.openbluehorizon.com/frontend/index.php

There goes the "romantic" view of offshore cruising...

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just read that the guy activated his EPIRB this afternoon...
Looks like he's getting a rescue by the USCG.
Too bad, a little more preparation and a more reasonable goal of having at least another person on board would have been a little wiser in retrospect.
At least he'll probably live.
Good luck friend.

RSS

Latest Activity

Robert & Sandy replied to sam's discussion eyebrow salon window re-bed in the group Beneteau 40 & 43
"Hello all, I realise coming into this year old conversation could be somewhat strange though sharing advice is always beneficial.. Our B43 had her port large saloon window repaired under warranty after it developed a gap and obvious leak. The boat…"
Mar 12
dryfirewood is now a member of SeaKnots
Mar 4
zeehag left a comment for ___/)ances With Sails
"bubba died  but he seems tohave sent a nother special boy to me..a scared  confuzed precious  with name pusskins which i changed  to sir puurrcival pusskins.  much more refined name for such a precious furry one.  he is…"
Mar 3
___/)ances With Sails commented on LOLA's group SAILBOATS and SLIPS FOR SALE
"My boats for sale. Search Craigslist/New Orleans/S211_A"
Feb 22
___/)ances With Sails left a comment for Lola
"Happy belated holidays!  I'll email you. "
Feb 22
___/)ances With Sails left a comment for zeehag
"Karen!! Dang!!!!  How did Bubba use up 9 lives already? Sorry to read that, kid."
Feb 22
olivia scott updated their profile
Feb 11
olivia scott is now a member of SeaKnots
Feb 9
ADVERTISE ON SEAKNOTS CONTACT US AT: 
candrac@sailforwater.com

© 2024   Created by CAN DRAC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service