I spent the Thursday night on the boat again. I brought along a small electric heater, thinking that it would be more efficient then the propane heater we used bringing the boat north from Florida. My electricity at the dock is metered so I’ll watch my slip rental fees closely this month. I tried using the DC to AC converter, but the heater seemed to draw more than the converter was able to handle so I plugged it into the AC socket that is powered by shore power. It worked fine, keeping my cabin as warm as I liked. In the morning I washed my face, combed my (growing longer) hair and drove to the Waffle House for breakfast. The hotel that Bridgeport Marina is part of has a free continental breakfast, but I not sure that if perk extends to marina guests. I think I’ll ask, however because I might be missing out. At any rate, back to the boat for a frustrating morning of trying to get the RPM sensor tightened down. None of the wrenches in my rather large collection fit. I had the right size; however the thickness of the wrench did not allow me to get it in a position to use it. Off to Lowes to see what I could find with the oily sensor in my jacket pocket. Nothing in the tool section was any improvement over what I had, so I went over to the pluming department to look at what they had. They had one of those adjustable plumbing wrenches that have flat jaws adjusted by a worm screw in the handle. It looked like it might work so back to the boat with it. No joy in the engine space however. Not sure what to do now so I filled the engine with oil, gave a all the nuts a touch of torque with the hope that a little TLC will make up for my inadequate mechanical ability. Lunch was part of a left over sandwich from the day before, and a root beer that was still cold. After lunch I got busy whipping the ends of the new topping lift line we bought last week. I had to search a number of plastic containers before finding what I needed; waxed sail twine and needles. I dream of the day when everything is organized. In order to fish the new line through the mizzen boom I sewed the old one to it and attempted to pull the new line through the boom. I’d get it about five or six inches in and then it would jam. I realized that I had been sold the wrong size and need one with a smaller diameter. Off to West Marine to purchase a replacement. I had to exert an exceptional amount of self-control as I walked by all the nautical temptations piled on shelves as I walked the length of the store. Back aboard I whipped the ends, sewed the new line to the old and pulled it through with no problem. My daughter and shipmate, Marina, arrived directly from work in Goldsboro to help attach the topping lift to the mast head. Up she went after we discussed what kind of knot she would tie and back down with no problem. We took some time to drink a cup of tea and then put our gear and stuff away, secured the boat and headed home.