Thanks to my sailing friend an improved anchor system is in place. The old system had the main anchor angled off the bow about 30 degrees to starboard. The chain ran about 6 feet aft toward the main cross beam. A plastic milk carton stowed the chain forward of the starboard bow net. The theory was to keep the weight of the windlass and chain off the bow. However after months of sailing we found that comparable weight in the bow made a more efficient flow.
A chain and rode box was built inside the bow under the windlass. No more chain dragging across the deck. No more stuffing the tools into the bow for weight. Maybe tomorrow's picture will show the interior side. No doubt, the deck needs a paint job.
The second anchor is mounted to a wood support tied to the port bow net. It is ready to deploy manually. This is much more efficient than the old system which also required dragging the anchor and chain across the main hull from the cross beam.
P.S. I decided that today is Day 1 of the next chapter in my life. In addition to my daily journaling and sending a hand written letter of gratitude to someone who has touched my life, I am taking a picture a day. Send me an email or text if you want to be put on my gratitude list.
321 682 6288