SeaKnots

Hi @ll,

I got to this forum searching for ways to make a generator less noisy and found very good info. For sure I'll be asking some questions to the members but as a first step a thought I should inytroduce my shelf:

I have a 2008 Oceanis 43´ which is in tyhe Mediterraneum although I live in Madrid. The most important chages I've introduce to her are:

- Generator

- Watermaker

- A/C

- New intelligent Charger-inverter

- Battery monitor

- Additional gas-oil tank

- Led lights

Wish you all the best winds!

Saludos.

Views: 548

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello,

Welcome to the group.

I have an 0ceanis 43 from 2007 with most of the modifications you have also done.

For the moment all is working well. i am concentrating on improving the sails and investigating the pros and cons of a feathering prop with variable pitch.

Saludos.

Denis

Welcome Rafa! We are thinking about adding a generator to our B43 mainly to be able to run air conditioning at anchor (two babies on board). Wondering what brand/model you used and where you placed it. saludos!

Thanks for the welcome Foster/Can Drac!

FOSTER: I will think of sails and prop in a year or so. Whatever you learn in the meantime will be very useful

CAN DRAC: I installed a Paguro 3000 in the same place and the same way than David did (I'm using his photos as I'm not on mine). I installed a 16.000 btu a/c sytem in the place that is prepared for that (I'll post  pictures when on the boat).

The Paguro 3000 by its shelf is not able to start the a/c due to the starting current peak, but as I installed as well the victron charger-inverter and the multicontrol that can limit the charging current, the system works.

When you start the A/c the Paguro switches-off the current suply because of the current load, to protect the system. What happens then is that the ac compressor starts using the current supplied by the  batteries, and in a matter of seconds Paguro's current supply restarts and feeds the a/c.

I feel my system is noisy (a/c and paguro vibration + exhaust noise) and I'm now in the process of reducing noises, step by step. Fisrt I want to reduce the exhaust noise.

Fist thing I'll try is replacing the simple waterlock the system has by a waterlock muffler, Vetus NLP or the new NLP3. And then deciding if it is better and splitter or more mufflers.

PD: not sure where you are sailing right now, I think some time ago a saw pictures of your boat in the Caribean waters

Saludos.

Hi Can Drac,

As promised here are some pictures of my own instalation:

This is the waterlock I've changed by the NLP. An important noise improvement. Less dbs and les accute tone

Saludos.

Thank you Rafa! I was considering the location Foster used but I just checked and in my case it's taken by the inverter so I must consider a spot like yours. ps: Yes, we did cruise the Caribbean on our way to the Med in 2009. Now we are based in Barcelona, Spain. You can find our blog here: http://seaknots.ning.com/profiles/blog/list?user=DRACVERD

Rafa,

I have a Beneteau 43 Oceanis 2011 and would like to install a generator.  Can you tell me what kind you installed and where.  In the starboard lazarette at the  helm station I have one of my AC systems the other is in the saloon. Not sure if I have the room for a generator.

Regards,

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Yes, it is instaled in the starboard lazarette, and it's a Paguro 3000

Saludos.

Hi Patrick

I am in the process of buying a 2011 Beneteau 43' 2 cabin and also need to install the generator but am limited by the opening of the starbaoard lazerette (14" x 30" ) and have only found the Paguro small enough to fit. I was wondering what you ended up doing and also had general questions about the 43'. Can you message me?

Cheers

John

Hi John,

I installed a Paguro 4000, as seen in the above photos, although mine is a 43' 3 cabin.

Let me know how can I be of help.

Saludos.

RSS

Latest Activity

Robert & Sandy replied to sam's discussion eyebrow salon window re-bed in the group Beneteau 40 & 43
"Hello all, I realise coming into this year old conversation could be somewhat strange though sharing advice is always beneficial.. Our B43 had her port large saloon window repaired under warranty after it developed a gap and obvious leak. The boat…"
Mar 12
dryfirewood is now a member of SeaKnots
Mar 4
zeehag left a comment for ___/)ances With Sails
"bubba died  but he seems tohave sent a nother special boy to me..a scared  confuzed precious  with name pusskins which i changed  to sir puurrcival pusskins.  much more refined name for such a precious furry one.  he is…"
Mar 3
___/)ances With Sails commented on LOLA's group SAILBOATS and SLIPS FOR SALE
"My boats for sale. Search Craigslist/New Orleans/S211_A"
Feb 22
___/)ances With Sails left a comment for Lola
"Happy belated holidays!  I'll email you. "
Feb 22
___/)ances With Sails left a comment for zeehag
"Karen!! Dang!!!!  How did Bubba use up 9 lives already? Sorry to read that, kid."
Feb 22
olivia scott updated their profile
Feb 11
olivia scott is now a member of SeaKnots
Feb 9
ADVERTISE ON SEAKNOTS CONTACT US AT: 
candrac@sailforwater.com

© 2024   Created by CAN DRAC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service