SeaKnots

The last few times I have filled my aft water tank without filling the forward water tank, I have run into problems maintaining water pressure when I open a faucet.   So while I may have a full tank of water in my aft water tank, the faucet spurts out water and air like I am low on water.   If I fill the forward tank I don't have this problem.  The pressure is fine and the water comes out of the faucet without spurting air/water mixture.  Anyone else encountered this phenomenon?

Alan

s/v Plan B

Views: 161

Replies to This Discussion

Alan

Have you checked that the valve that close/open the pipe to the fwd tank on the manifold is closed? The manifold wthe the valves is located in the space next to the water boiler (in the sofa)

Arne

Arne,

Are you suggesting that in order for the water tank in the aft cabin to work properly the forward tank valve located on the manifold must be closed when the forward tank is empty?  I thought the system was designed to send water to the manifold no matter what tank was full or empty.

You have two options: either fill both tanks and keep both valves open or use one tank at a time and close the valve of the other. Otherwise you are pumping air to the empty tank and naturally lowering the pressure. I used bothe options over the years. It is easier to control water consu potion when you open one valve at a time even when both tanks have water in it..

Alan

Correct. Tevfik has got it right. I am always running the system with only one valve open in order to keep track on consumption. It also helps me keep track on the state of freshness of the water. I prefer to empty one tank before it is filled up again. 

Arne

I have a 2011 Ben 40. When I use my water tanks I alway close the valve to the tank I am not using. My valves are located under the starboard seat just forward of the head. You may be drawing air into the pump from the empty forward tank. I always draw down the forward tank first to increase sailing performance and then turn its valve off and the aft valve on. 

Just a thought.

Bruce

RSS

Latest Activity

Michael Boyle added a discussion to the group Beneteau 40 & 43
Thumbnail

Undiscovered leak on Beneteau 43

I have a 2010 French made 43 with teak deck, guard rail and adjustable genoa car. A leak has occurred that manifests from the forward of the two 240 sockets into the locker in front of the nav table. It also appears behind the rear socket on the shelf above instrument panel locker. I have re tightened the genoa car track but still leaking.A. Any ideas of where it is enteringB. Has anyone ever tightened the stations or guard wire gate.C. Ideas for how to find leak from deck.The fibre glass…See More
yesterday
Tracy McClain is now a member of SeaKnots
Thursday
Tim Hryciw posted a photo
Thursday
Jerry Lehner commented on S/V Compadre's group Cascade Owners Unite
"Hi Ed.  Welcome to the group.  It would be great to get some conversations going about our boats.  So far no one has responded to each other much.  I'd love to glean from your voyaging experience in Hooligan.  For…"
Thursday
LOLA posted a photo

3 Sailboats Acrylic 20 x 24 all paintings are for sale.

3 Sailboats Acrylic 20 x 24 all paintings are for sale.
Wednesday
Edward Hart shared S/V Compadre's group on Facebook
Wednesday
Edward Hart commented on S/V Compadre's group Cascade Owners Unite
"I'm Ed Hart and own a 1964 Cascade 29. I just bought her and have not named her yet. I owned another 29, Hooligan, and circumnavigated in her. My boat is now on the hard in Rock Hall Maryland. According to the paper work, the hull was laid up…"
Wednesday
Edward Hart joined S/V Compadre's group
Thumbnail

Cascade Owners Unite

This is a group for Cascade Yachts (Yacht Constructors Inc.) owners and fans. Based in Portland, OR, they build the Chinook & Cascade sailboats lines.See More
Wednesday
ADVERTISE ON SEAKNOTS CONTACT US AT: SeaKnots@SeaKnots.com

© 2014   Created by CAN DRAC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service