SeaKnots

The last few times I have filled my aft water tank without filling the forward water tank, I have run into problems maintaining water pressure when I open a faucet.   So while I may have a full tank of water in my aft water tank, the faucet spurts out water and air like I am low on water.   If I fill the forward tank I don't have this problem.  The pressure is fine and the water comes out of the faucet without spurting air/water mixture.  Anyone else encountered this phenomenon?

Alan

s/v Plan B

Views: 231

Replies to This Discussion

Alan

Have you checked that the valve that close/open the pipe to the fwd tank on the manifold is closed? The manifold wthe the valves is located in the space next to the water boiler (in the sofa)

Arne

Arne,

Are you suggesting that in order for the water tank in the aft cabin to work properly the forward tank valve located on the manifold must be closed when the forward tank is empty?  I thought the system was designed to send water to the manifold no matter what tank was full or empty.

You have two options: either fill both tanks and keep both valves open or use one tank at a time and close the valve of the other. Otherwise you are pumping air to the empty tank and naturally lowering the pressure. I used bothe options over the years. It is easier to control water consu potion when you open one valve at a time even when both tanks have water in it..

Alan

Correct. Tevfik has got it right. I am always running the system with only one valve open in order to keep track on consumption. It also helps me keep track on the state of freshness of the water. I prefer to empty one tank before it is filled up again. 

Arne

I have a 2011 Ben 40. When I use my water tanks I alway close the valve to the tank I am not using. My valves are located under the starboard seat just forward of the head. You may be drawing air into the pump from the empty forward tank. I always draw down the forward tank first to increase sailing performance and then turn its valve off and the aft valve on. 

Just a thought.

Bruce

RSS

Latest Activity

Dainna Teel commented on Dainna Teel's blog post Jaguars vs Patriots Live NFL
"Patriots vs JaguarsPatriots vs Jaguars LivePatriots vs Jaguars Live StreamPatriots vs Jaguars Live OnlinePatriots vs Jaguars Live NFLPatriots vs Jaguars Live FootballPatriots vs Jaguars Live NFL FootballJaguars vs PatriotsJaguars vs Patriots…"
yesterday
Dainna Teel posted a blog post

Jaguars vs Patriots Live NFL

Patriots vs Jaguars Patriots vs Jaguars Live Patriots vs Jaguars Live Stream Patriots vs Jaguars Live Online Patriots vs Jaguars Live NFL Patriots vs Jaguars Live Football Patriots vs Jaguars Live NFL Football Jaguars vs Patriots Jaguars vs Patriots Live Jaguars vs Patriots Live Stream Jaguars vs Patriots Live Online Jaguars vs Patriots Live NFL Jaguars vs Patriots Live Football Jaguars vs Patriots Live NFL Football https://patriotslivei.com/See More
yesterday
sam left a comment for Mike Wilson
"Mike, good to hear from you and glad you are enjoying the Bahamas. I really like the cruising there. Longhawk is back at Lakewood in Clear Lake. After cruising from Feb 2013 , making it to the Bahamas and up the east coast only as far as the low…"
yesterday
Jem is now a member of SeaKnots
Jan 16
Brendan Smyth liked sam's discussion Engine hour meter whacky
Jan 16
Brendan Smyth liked sam's discussion Engine hour meter whacky
Jan 16
Mike Brown and Mike Wilson are now friends
Jan 15
John Hanrahan posted a discussion

Black Trim Paint Running

Good day everyone,I have Hull #39 OC43, looking for any wisdom from the group.The black paint trim on the salon and deck windows rubs off and runs on the deck which means cleaning the deck almost impossible.  Has anyone had any experience with this and any solution.Thanks for your help,JohnSee More
Jan 15
ADVERTISE ON SEAKNOTS CONTACT US AT: 
candrac@sailforwater.com

© 2018   Created by CAN DRAC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service