SeaKnots

Hello,

I guess a lot of you think there is a lack of storage space for extended or family cruising.

I would like to exchange ideas how to increase and make safer storage for offshore cruising.

I am thinking of using the space under the floors mostly in the settee. Fixing floor anchors from PYI.

Has any one done this?

An other idea would be to put an extra adapted polyethylene water tank under the floors over the keel and exchange the water tank under the starboard bed for a fuel tank.

Also the idea of having an extra anchor and 30m of chain and putting it after sturdy fixation over the keel.

All this in order to recenter the weight and increase autonomy.

Thank you all for your help.

Denis

Views: 616

Replies to This Discussion

A photo to make things clearer.

While we currently don't need the extra storage space I have thought of using below the floor if needed. I think it's Dufour that has a storage space for wine bottles at the base of the steps. They made a simple rack cut to fit the shape of the bottles. A very nice idea. If used for anything other than the wine bottles I think I would look for plastic containers that would keep whatever I place in it dry. Just in case of water in the bilge. I'm also impressed with all the space available behind the salon settees and the aft cabin.

Mike

Hello,

I have received pictures from another owner of a B43 that has transformed the aft gas locker to a giant storage. He has moved the gass bottles to the room under the stairs leading down to the bathing plattform and then removed the whole gas bottle holder and widened the opening of the locker. He reports that it is a verry good solution to gain som more storage room. It also gives easy access to the autopilot. I am concidering doing it.

Arne

Attachments:

RSS

Latest Activity

Tom McGarry updated their profile
yesterday
Tim Hryciw commented on S/V Compadre's group Cascade Owners Unite
"Welcome"
Oct 19
Scott MacManus joined Richard's group
Thumbnail

Sensible Small Boat Cruising

A group to discuss cruising in small boats.(25-36 feet). That's not set in stone, but I'mpartial to that kind of cruising.See More
Oct 19
Scott MacManus joined Ross in Tampa's group
Thumbnail

Florida Sailors

a gathering place for sailors in the best sailing state in the nation.
Oct 19
Scott MacManus joined Ron's group
Oct 19
Scott MacManus joined Cameron & Leighia's group
Thumbnail

Why Renewable Energy

This is a discussion that I would like to start on why we should go renewable. From the Cost of the Equipment to the Installation (either do it yourself or have it installed) to the Cost of Diesel and mantainence on your engine. and Enviroment
Oct 19
Scott MacManus joined h's group
Thumbnail

Zen and the art of sailboat maintenance

Take the best option on sailboat maintenance. Do it yourself, with the help of others.
Oct 19
Scott MacManus joined LOLA's group
Thumbnail

BRIGHTWORK Wood refinishing

Post your photos, and products used here. Give helpful tips.
Oct 19
ADVERTISE ON SEAKNOTS CONTACT US AT: SeaKnots@SeaKnots.com

© 2014   Created by CAN DRAC.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service