SeaKnots

I have a PC interface option on my 2011 Beneteau 40 with Raymarine Instruments including a E90W.

Does it act as a repeater and do I need Raymarine software.

How can take advantage of this option?

Views: 1009

Replies to This Discussion

Yes you can, You will need a serial port connector to USB connector and the drivers for the connector to connect to your Mac. The Raymarine plotter will send out GPS NMEA 0183 signal to your Mac and your Mac charting software. THis will allow the software to follow the boat on the electronic chart and give you Range, Bearing, COG, SOG on the chart program. You will not be able to communicate to the plotter with the Mac, it is a one way - Plotter to Laptop configuration. 

At this time, if you wanted two way communication and more options on your laptop, you would need to buy a Windoze computer and RayTech 6.2 software.

I also tried exporting routes from the navigation program to a CF card and then import the file into the chart plotter. I never could get it to work on Maptech Ocean Navigator. I was able to use RayTech software in planning mode with a PC laptop to export routes and waypoints to a CF card and then import to the Raymarine chart plotter. I did this until I figured out I needed an ethernet connectoin to have two way communication.  Se previous discussions.

Thanks Bruce..

RSS

Latest Activity

John Wayshner is now a member of SeaKnots
19 hours ago
___/)ances With Sails posted a status
"I am planning an upgrade to a 36' reputable sail. Looking. O Boat, where art thou."
21 hours ago
___/)ances With Sails posted photos
21 hours ago
Mike Brown replied to sail abroad's discussion Kitchen cabinet pegs loose! in the group Beneteau 40 & 43
"We have them but don't use them as things don't fit well within the cabinet with them in place. If you want to keep them in place you'll need to find something to take up the space between the peg and hole. Try breaking off a small…"
Sunday
sail abroad added a discussion to the group Beneteau 40 & 43
Thumbnail

Kitchen cabinet pegs loose!

We have a beneteau 40 2009, in the kitchen cupboard there are pegs in one cupboard to organize dishes and plates etc.Strangely the pegs are very loose, don't fit the holes well so don't really stay put to keep the dishes in place.Can other owners say if their pegs are also very loose? Are they meant to be glued/sikaflexed in place?What other solutions have been tried to get them to stay put?…See More
Jul 23
Mark Frazier is now a member of SeaKnots
Jul 11
Susan & Colin updated their profile
Jul 10
Franc's blog post was featured

Introducing SeaKnots Academy

Watch this video and visit SeaKnotsAcademy.com to know more!See More
Jul 10
ADVERTISE ON SEAKNOTS CONTACT US AT: 
candrac@sailforwater.com

© 2016   Created by CAN DRAC.   Powered by