SeaKnots

I do not rely upon the indicated level as shown on the fuel gauge, but keep a solid record of all fuel used. (averaging 0.7 GPH over time-no generator). However, I would like for the unit to roughly indicate some state of fill other than perpetually full. I have not attempted to sort out this issue yet, but thought I would ask the all knowing list for experience first.

This forum has really become a source of help and sharing.

Sam

LONGHAWK

Views: 3349

Replies to This Discussion

Here it is at last the fuel remaining guessing Beneteau VDO is gone. This Offshore Uk made is nmea so you can display on the Raymarine instruments. Has alarms and a lot of parameters that can be adapted if necessary.

Next step the SCAD sensor and display for the holding tank.

Attachments:

Hi Foster:

Can you give details on how you installed sender to tank. Did you use the existing port. I think sender was a 5 bolted one. Did you adjust the probe lenght yourself. Does the sender also monitors for water in fuel and warns you.

Thanks for your help,

Vedat

(Is your boat B40 or 43)

Hello Vedat,

The shipyard used the original port where the VDO sensor was. It ajusted the length of the probe to the height of the tank. The empty (with still around 20L) and full calibration is done with a magnet but I was not there when it was done. It has alarms that you can fix youself and also alarms if water is in the bottom of the tank.

Our boat is a french made B43 hull n°77.

Like most of us I was fed up with the lack of solution for this VDO tank sensor unreliability. that could get dangerous;

Denis

Hi Denis,

I think this is the solution; installing a volumetric sender as you did. Thank you for that.

Vedat

The sender NMEA 2000
Hi Foster, Pleased to hear your satisfaction with our sender and gauge. Not sure if you know it but we do a matching black water sender and gauge which could simply be added to your existing network and give you the same accuracy and reliability. Cheers, Bruce

Hi Denis

This looks good, but as the sender is located about 50mm below top of tank, can sender measure deths above top of sender?

Also did you have it programed for the shape of the fuel tank and if so do you have data for this?

Regards

David

No the programing for fuel tank has to be done at Offshore if I understood. The installator who seems to have some experience with this product just calibrated empty and full. The sender does the rest it seems to be on a rim a little above the top of the tank. I think Bruce Coward can give a better information than me.

Best regards.

Denis

The volumetric programming can be done by us free of charge at the time of purchase if you have the exact tank dimensions or our 3340 Multifunction Display whch can show all tanks + batteries + AC sources and the user can program the senders at any time.

Cheers, Bruce

I have just replaced the VDO unit on advice from Benetau and so far it seems to be working correctly.  My battery voltage is correct and so is the fuel and water readings.  It is identitcal to the original but has a green sticker on the back of the circuit board so it has been modified in some way.  I will post on progress in a couple of months.

Sam, I too keep track of how many hours we run as it's a good thing to do. Fuel consumption is roughly 1 gph at 2600 RPMS but goes up to 1.5+ if I run the tach up. I also like to try and keep the tank at least 1/2 full so I don't have to worry about it.

Mike

Hi

In early models float arm was too short and they did not bend float arm to match shape of tank (as sender is below top of tank).

See photo of my original sender (when tank half empty still showed FULL).

In later models they changed VDO sender and bent arm.

See pfd of more recent sender (which I now have).

I assume they also change software in panel to take account of tank shape!.

Does anyone have any details of the software upgrade in the panel?

Regards

David

Attachments:

RSS

Latest Activity

Patrick Findaro posted a discussion

Leading ASP.NET Development Company

ASP.NET is a popular web development framework that is widely used by developers and businesses to build robust and scalable web applications. ASP.NET supports a wide range of programming languages, including C# and Visual Basic, which makes it a versatile choice for developers who are familiar with these languages. ASP.NET is designed to be scalable, which means it can handle large amounts of traffic and data. This can be a good choice for businesses that anticipate rapid growth in their user…See More
Mar 29
Patrick Findaro is now a member of SeaKnots
Mar 29
Robert & Sandy replied to sam's discussion eyebrow salon window re-bed in the group Beneteau 40 & 43
"Hello all, I realise coming into this year old conversation could be somewhat strange though sharing advice is always beneficial.. Our B43 had her port large saloon window repaired under warranty after it developed a gap and obvious leak. The boat…"
Mar 12
dryfirewood is now a member of SeaKnots
Mar 4
zeehag left a comment for ___/)ances With Sails
"bubba died  but he seems tohave sent a nother special boy to me..a scared  confuzed precious  with name pusskins which i changed  to sir puurrcival pusskins.  much more refined name for such a precious furry one.  he is…"
Mar 3
___/)ances With Sails commented on LOLA's group SAILBOATS and SLIPS FOR SALE
"My boats for sale. Search Craigslist/New Orleans/S211_A"
Feb 22
___/)ances With Sails left a comment for Lola
"Happy belated holidays!  I'll email you. "
Feb 22
___/)ances With Sails left a comment for zeehag
"Karen!! Dang!!!!  How did Bubba use up 9 lives already? Sorry to read that, kid."
Feb 22
ADVERTISE ON SEAKNOTS CONTACT US AT: 
candrac@sailforwater.com

© 2024   Created by CAN DRAC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service