SeaKnots

How did you name your boat? I am always curious about how people name their boat and if there is a story behind it. After seeing all of the names on this site, I am looking forward to hearing the stories...So, If you have a boat how did you come up with the name?

Views: 1232

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, it is magical, I agree. I actually name a picture I had taken of a day sailing 'the place to be'.
Hi Andrea,
Well I own the "wanderer II " . when I was abuot 4-6 yrs old my grandfather had a houseboat in MISS. on the pascagoula river and every time a hurricane hit he would have to go out in the marshes and pull it back in . Well after a few times he finally named it ! Thats right ! the "wanderer" . so tha ts how my boat got her name . and she lives up to it , I had her moored for a year after Ivan and I would get calls every couple of days telling me that my boat had moved 400-500 feet from where I left her . so watch what you name them , they'll get their personality from it.
Ronald Bergeron
Hey Ronald,

Thanks for the great story. It sounds like your grandfather was a pretty relaxed and funny guy! I love you you are keeping the tradition going!

- Andrea
How about a thread for the tackiest boat names people have seen or the best boat names. A fellow sailor who happened to be single renamed his boat, 'Between the Sheets' He had a Frers 44 which sank due to a faulty seacock and that was only the beginning of his problems, five years after getting it rasied he started seeing bumps in the hull, upon investigation he found that the terminal plates buried inside the hull were made of Galvanised Steel, and not stainless as had been specified.
I think the best for a sailboat MAPF, stood for Mine And Paid For
Tackiest boat name? At Watergate marina, there was a boat owned by a couple named "Come On Eileen". He said it was because his wife was late for everything. Apparently she didn't have much of a say in naming the boat.
How about the guy who named "Bitch Godess" after his wife?!
I have seen "She got the house".
We named our 470 "Metamorphic", as a physical change was needed to sail the boat.
My boat's name is Kristibel, which is the combination of Kristina Isabel, the name we wished had we had a baby girl. I'll tell you another one. A boat in the marina qhere I keep mine is called Flying Fingers. Just recently I fond out that her owners are both deaf and they communicate with hand signals, hence, Flying Fingers is an appropriate name. Share other stories with me if you can.

Manolo
Manolo,

Kristibel. It sounds so nice. It just flows perfectly. I also love the story about Flying Fingers. I am not aware of any names with such meaning. You should invite them to Seaknots, I would love to read about their experiences.

- Andrea
Well my second boat was a 51 foot john alden. Lived aboard for ten years. went and seen allot.Her name was GARISASASU wow. Every two letters was the first letters of people names. GA,george RI richard SA sara SA sandra SU Sue. All very close people. This boat is a 35 foot Island Packet Cat. Her name is GARI because nobodey could say sasasu over the radio. I took the boat south 2 years ago and it work well.
You live and learn. lol

We got lucky. Someone warned us early on that you have to be comfortable to be known by your name and to be sure it was easy to pronounce. Sounds like GARI is a winner!

RSS

Latest Activity

Patrick Findaro posted a discussion

Leading ASP.NET Development Company

ASP.NET is a popular web development framework that is widely used by developers and businesses to build robust and scalable web applications. ASP.NET supports a wide range of programming languages, including C# and Visual Basic, which makes it a versatile choice for developers who are familiar with these languages. ASP.NET is designed to be scalable, which means it can handle large amounts of traffic and data. This can be a good choice for businesses that anticipate rapid growth in their user…See More
5 hours ago
Patrick Findaro is now a member of SeaKnots
8 hours ago
Robert & Sandy replied to sam's discussion eyebrow salon window re-bed in the group Beneteau 40 & 43
"Hello all, I realise coming into this year old conversation could be somewhat strange though sharing advice is always beneficial.. Our B43 had her port large saloon window repaired under warranty after it developed a gap and obvious leak. The boat…"
Mar 12
dryfirewood is now a member of SeaKnots
Mar 4
zeehag left a comment for ___/)ances With Sails
"bubba died  but he seems tohave sent a nother special boy to me..a scared  confuzed precious  with name pusskins which i changed  to sir puurrcival pusskins.  much more refined name for such a precious furry one.  he is…"
Mar 3
___/)ances With Sails commented on LOLA's group SAILBOATS and SLIPS FOR SALE
"My boats for sale. Search Craigslist/New Orleans/S211_A"
Feb 22
___/)ances With Sails left a comment for Lola
"Happy belated holidays!  I'll email you. "
Feb 22
___/)ances With Sails left a comment for zeehag
"Karen!! Dang!!!!  How did Bubba use up 9 lives already? Sorry to read that, kid."
Feb 22
ADVERTISE ON SEAKNOTS CONTACT US AT: 
candrac@sailforwater.com

© 2024   Created by CAN DRAC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service