SeaKnots

My grandparents are reluctantly selling their Pearson 422 due to medical problems. They have owned the boat for over 12 years and take great care of it. Please read details below, and email Arthur at caplumer@gmail.com or call 856-795-0592 if you are interested. A photo is attached.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fun Time" is a 42'2" cruising sail boat which is hull #1 of the Pearson center cockpit series. It's hull design mirrors the earlier model 424 series with an aft cockpit.

As it's name suggests, Fun Time is a family boat with accommodations for 7 adults and has spacious storage space for local or off shore cruising.

It has a larger diesel then normally found on vessels of similar size, a 58 H.P. Westerbeke. The engine will drive the vessel at 6 knots when running at 1800 RPM and utilize 3/4 Gal./Hour for extended periods of time. It's rated speed is 2800 RPM, however, it is rarely necessary to exceed 2200RPM.

The center cockpit is unique. Most center cockpit vessels are difficult to enter/exit because of the high surrounding combing. The 422 has easy access to the cockpit via a hinged opening on both sides. The opening may be closed when underway for safety and to not compromise it's seaworthiness. Compared to aft cockpit vessels, the center cockpit provides excellent visibility and further simplifies a full enclosure in heavy weather

Aft of the center cockpit is a large lazarette, back deck and access to the dinghy davits which are reinforced. For offshore cruising there is sufficient room to store the dinghy on deck.

The navigation instruments are placed in two pods and a clamp for the chart plotter directly in front of the wheel for excellent visibility and access by the helmsman.

The boom is retrained by a gallows to prevent swinging when not under sail. Of course a topping lift is still provided.

Unique features below deck include over 6' head room, a separate stall shower, a diesel cabin heater, a refrigeration lid which when opened exposes the top as well as a side opening which is waist high and most important great ventilation. It has (4) large Bomar hatches and (20) side opening port lights. All are screened.Other unique features include: engine access from the aft cabin with a full size door and access from the other 3 sides by removable covers. There is a huge aft cabin and V-Bunk with two heads.

Although the yacht is 1983, it does not reveal its age, because it has been primarily used in a fresh water environment, been hauled every year to allow accumulated moisture in the hull to dissipate and maintenance has been extroadinary. Since I have owned the boat for 12 years, I have spent over $30,000 in refurbishment and upgrades. As you will notice as you view the specs, 90% of the electronics have been replaced within the last two years.

SPECIFICATIONS
# LOA 42'2"
# LWL 33'8"
# Beam 13'
# Draft 5'3"
# Ballast 7,630#
# Displacement 22,000#
# Fuel (2) 40 Gal SS tanks
# Water (160) Gal

Asking $100,000, very motivated seller!

Views: 1732

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They make great livaboard boats. If its in decent shape than thats a pretty good price.

Veranda
"Fun Time" is in very good shape; it would not take very much work to make her into a great offshore boat.
Looked up Pearson and found their boat. Nice!

http://www.sailingtexas.com/spearson422b.html

RSS

Latest Activity

Robert & Sandy replied to sam's discussion eyebrow salon window re-bed in the group Beneteau 40 & 43
"Hello all, I realise coming into this year old conversation could be somewhat strange though sharing advice is always beneficial.. Our B43 had her port large saloon window repaired under warranty after it developed a gap and obvious leak. The boat…"
Mar 12
dryfirewood is now a member of SeaKnots
Mar 4
zeehag left a comment for ___/)ances With Sails
"bubba died  but he seems tohave sent a nother special boy to me..a scared  confuzed precious  with name pusskins which i changed  to sir puurrcival pusskins.  much more refined name for such a precious furry one.  he is…"
Mar 3
___/)ances With Sails commented on LOLA's group SAILBOATS and SLIPS FOR SALE
"My boats for sale. Search Craigslist/New Orleans/S211_A"
Feb 22
___/)ances With Sails left a comment for Lola
"Happy belated holidays!  I'll email you. "
Feb 22
___/)ances With Sails left a comment for zeehag
"Karen!! Dang!!!!  How did Bubba use up 9 lives already? Sorry to read that, kid."
Feb 22
olivia scott updated their profile
Feb 11
olivia scott is now a member of SeaKnots
Feb 9
ADVERTISE ON SEAKNOTS CONTACT US AT: 
candrac@sailforwater.com

© 2024   Created by CAN DRAC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service